HE1000 V2 or HE1000 Stealth for vocals / classic rock
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cfranchi

500+ Head-Fier
HE1000 V2 and HE1000 Stealth are now at the same price: for those who have listened to them, which one would you recommend for vocals and classic rock (Springsteen, Dire Straites, etc.) ?
Apart of technical qualities, which one has the most unique and enjoyable sound ?

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 3
I own the V2's, have not auditioned the stealth's. For me, using EQ, I find the HekV2's very good with my library, which covers just about all genres. If your not opposed to using EQ, I would recommend trying to see what you think, your signature indicates you should have more than enough power to use some very aggressive EQ settings if you choose. Took me awhile to get decent at finding frequencies quickly to either correct, I find a lot of "classic rock" to lack low end, and a bass shelf definitely helps to liven up the songs.

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 3
The Stealth is a bit more brash and has better bass impact then the v2 - bear in mind these are minor differences. The v2 whose stage is too big for stuff like violin quartets is likely not at all a problem for rock, in fact it might be seen as an advantage. The Stealth is also very big, but shrinks down closer to the real size - which is a thing for me.

another thing is the Stealth is closer to the Harman. It's also a later version, so possibly an edge there, and perhaps in re-sale since the buyer can't hit you with the argument that the v2's might have been made up to six years ago.

As a final aside it would not surprise me that the v2 I know which was an early version might have been had a silent upgrade - which would then change the comparison - new vs new as opposed to older vs new.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back