HDTV: Vizio vs. HANNSpree (or something else all together)?
Jun 9, 2011 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

maxnight1189

New Head-Fier
I know Vizio is in general reviled among the experts of home theatery-ness for being an impostor among the high-end brands, however it is atleast a name people have heard and can talk to you about.  In contrast I have not heard much at all about HANNSpree. In my (seemingly un-ending) research for tv deals however, I heard somewhere (dont remember where, sorry) that they are a relatively well respected computer monitor manufacturer.  So, does anybody know anything regarding the brand quality and/or reputations of these companies?

Specifically, Im looking at these two tv's:  Vizio (TigerDirect) and HANNSpree (WalMart).

I could really use some help in making this decision; Ive spent entirely too many nights surfing for tv deals and info 'till 5am...I know alot of people are just going to say "get a Samsung" or something but the big brands are just too expensive.  My parents have drawn a line in the sand at $400 and I want something in the 32"-42" range, which I can also use as a secondary computer/HTPC monitor (thus I want 1080p and >60Hz).  If you guys know of any deals Im missing that fit these criteria, or reasons why I should change my criteria, Id really appreciate hearing about them.

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey, thanks for the quick response.  That one is close to the one I posted about (the model numbers are E370VL vs. E371VA) but its not 120Hz.  At the moment Im seeing that as a problem but that may change depending on what people have to say.  Thanks for the link though :)

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 4
E322VL is the one to go for.

I had a Vizio 32 lcd i used as a computer monitor for years and years without A SINGLE PROBLEM! I upgraded last year to the world best, and i mean the worlds top rated Back Lit LED/LCD Samsung 46 8500. Yeah the picture quality is amazing on the Sammy but the crap shuts off randomly often, has this weird hum that goes in and out from the Power supply, and sometimes the buttons on tv dont work at all. In other words Sammy quality compared to Vizio quality in My EXPERIENCE is crap..but the 8500 is the best picture set ever so i happily live with it.

Go with a standard LCD, stay away from anything Edge lit LED..the picture is 10x worse the standard LCD. forget the marketing B/S of 120hz, You won't notice it that much at all in life everyday. Go with a 32inch as anything like a 37 or 42 might be Too big to close. 1080p of course if you own a ps3 or blu-ray.

Costco has a great 2 year warranty so try them first if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back