HD600 vs HD650 (Edit: vs Fidelio X2) when used with an AMP and DAC?
Jan 17, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #31 of 41
And I should note that I listen to mainly rock by far, and often vocal-intense music. Hard trance music is a sometimes for me.

True neutrality would be more geared towards a big classical music fan wouldn't it? I listen to some of that too but usually with non-classical thrown in - think remixed Kingdom Hearts OST or something. Usually if I'm listening to something that has classical in it, non-classical instruments and beats are gonna be mixed with it.

I have a weird sense of music... I really like to mix things up like that, mix between the genres if you know what I mean. I'm the kinda guy that'd throw a guitarist in with a violinist and some guy on heavy trance equipment and a rapper and wanna see what they can make together or something.

That's why it's hard for me to tell what genre I'm into. Because I pretty much go to where an established genre doesn't really exist. There's just no word for it I think.

I'm the type that's into these really obscure things that you'd have to go plunging into YouTube to find.

Besides that I just have a library of rock music and stuff, in both English and other languages.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #32 of 41
dooo iiiit! All those debate and bickering is just nitpicking at the small details imo. The hd650 was one of the worlds best headphones before the wave of new super high end headphones came out. Just be sure to get a good amp eventually.

And I should note that I listen to mainly rock by far, and often vocal-intense music. Hard trance music is a sometimes for me.

True neutrality would be more geared towards a big classical music fan wouldn't it? I listen to some of that too but usually with non-classical thrown in - think remixed Kingdom Hearts OST or something. Usually if I'm listening to something that has classical in it, non-classical instruments and beats are gonna be mixed with it.

I have a weird sense of music... I really like to mix things up like that, mix between the genres if you know what I mean. I'm the kinda guy that'd throw a guitarist in with a violinist and some guy on heavy trance equipment and a rapper and wanna see what they can make together or something.

That's why it's hard for me to tell what genre I'm into. Because I pretty much go to where an established genre doesn't really exist. There's just no word for it I think.

I'm the type that's into these really obscure things that you'd have to go plunging into YouTube to find.

Besides that I just have a library of rock music and stuff, in both English and other languages.

The hd650 excels at playing rock music, even badly recorded ones. The guy who wrote the battle of flagships (that i linked earlier) agrees. Take it from him, who's heard much more headphones that i can ever hope to.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #33 of 41
...besides, by what I'm reading online, only real audiophiles are even debating between the HD600 and 650, a lot of people that are more amateur (probably like me) think they're pretty much exactly the same. So I bet either are perfectly good for me.

Thanks for all the input everyone. It's gonna be between the 600 the 650 and the X2, but whichever it may be I'm sure any of them will be fantastic.

But, I think it really is coming down to HD650 vs X2, and HD650 will probably win just because I think they're more aesthetically pleasing and I dislike the double headband thing being used to a single headband with retractable earphones, and I have some brand liking to Sennheiser and my reasons to dislike Philips.

Edit: Upon further review it may be the HD600 or X2 I go for. It's a hard choice and I'll have to think on it.

Apr 29, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #35 of 41
Which one have you finally got? HD650, HD600, or X2?

I was laughing when I read this thread because I found myself in the exactly same situation as you. I originally planned to get HD650, but I was heasitating between HD600 and X2 after reading X2's review. Now I dunno which one to buy. :D

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #36 of 41
I have a x2 but I'm really tempted to hear a HD600. I need to check if a mid centric hp gives me the wow factor in looking for

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #37 of 41
I have a x2 but I'm really tempted to hear a HD600. I need to check if a mid centric hp gives me the wow factor in looking for

I had HD600 for many many years (10+) and currently have an X2. I think it's an upgrade from HD600.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #40 of 41
I've had the same dilemna as OP until the recent holiday sales so I now have a HD650 at home. You guys are totally making me regret my decision.

HD650 is still a great headphone for many.

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #41 of 41

HD650 is still a great headphone for many.

I've rebought the HD650 3 times since I started the journey 4 years ago. A very stellar headphone overall. Though i got a feeling that the HD600 will sound better and cover wider genres (based on the frequency response curve). Afterall a high-shelf EQ of negative gain on the spectrum could give the sub / mid bass more presence if desired. Or a simple bass boost on amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back