HD558 w/ Mixamp on Xbox One
Sep 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

las8

New Head-Fier
Hi!  I need to thank the forum for directing me to buying the HD558s as I was going to buy some trash gamer headset.  Anyways, I was wondering how I am supposed to hook my clip on mic up to the Xbox One with the Mixamp.  My only assumption was with a splitter, so that is all I am working with at the moment.  My mic should get here tomorrow, so I am trying to take care of this and get anything so I can hop right in.  I have only watched a game clip that was recorded before I had the headphones and it's amazing.  I drop-shotted this guy who snuck up behind me point blank and I could clearly hear him coming.  I just hate playing team games with my friends without communication.  I searched before asking this question just so you know.  Thanks for any help, 

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 4
I would "guess" you plug the mic into the Astro's 3.5mm line-input and the voice signal goes thru the Astro's USB connection, into the xBox One, but it's just a guess.

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 4
I am not sure to be honest because I think I read that xbox ones can't do usb sound, but I am not sure the course is credible.  And I am not sure if something has to plug into the controller either.  I am not the best with electronics, so this is a little over my head.  I was planning on running my clip mic to a splittler which goes to the mixamp and the controller, but a lot of the splitters I am seeing have a slot for a mic and one for a headset plus am I sure if it matters which way the sound (current) is traveling in the wire.  So I made the realization this morning to get one of those splittlers w/ a mic and a headset jack and then just plug that into the mixamp where my headphones are plug into currently.  Then run a wire from the mixamp to my controller.  I am only seeing videos on how to set up A40's with mixamp and they only have one wire for the mic and headset so I am really hoping that will work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back