Hawaii Head-Fi meet (Summer 2004)
Jul 31, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #17 of 29
Something came up for the 14th, so the 8th would be the only date I could come. Sorry.
redface.gif

Aug 3, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #19 of 29
Hey all!

The meet will be 9AM-12Noon on Sunday at my house in Manoa. No need to bring food (actually preferably not food cuz greasy headphones are a nightmare to clean). Drinks maybe.

Other stuff to bring: Powerbars, sources, interconnects, CDs, amps, headphones, and something to label your equipment...non-residue tape will do.

My address:

3265 Melemele Place
Honolulu, HI 96822

Not sure how to get there? Refer to THIS

Looks like the meet should be interesting. We have a lot of budget gear coming, but not much high-end stuff with exception of a possible pair of HP-1's, HD650, and a Meridian 588. Unfortunately, my HR-2 won't be arriving in time for the meet, so we'll have to make do without it. I really wanna get more high-end amps, sources, and headphones if at all possible.

Regards,
David

P.S. We still need more people to show!

Aug 3, 2004 at 8:35 AM Post #20 of 29
Sorry folks but it looks like I'll be missing this meet as I will be on the Big Island for work for the next 2 and half weeks starting tomorrow morning. Do post post about the meet as I'll checking in when I can.

Aug 3, 2004 at 10:35 AM Post #21 of 29
I would love to attend. I have just a few items.
Shure e2, e3, e5. Sennheiser px200, ksc-50, mx300 (if anyone just wants to see how the mx's sound and fit). Rio Nitrus is my only source
blink.gif
, I can bring my few CD's if anyone wants me to.
As I do not want to be a "leecher" since my selection is few and my Shure's aren't that suited to demoing (I have a bag of foamies that people could use), I would like to know if anyone actually wants to try any of my stuff. That way, I could feel that I am contributing something. I also want to bring my dad, who is into guitars, has built a few amps, but somehow doesn't really get the head-fi stuff. Something like an initiation into this lovely world
evil_smiley.gif
, say goodbye to the wallet. Post, people, post!

Aug 3, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #22 of 29
DARN I wish I had brought my CD3000's home. All I will have is a headphile cable, D777, 30GB iPod, etymotics, and Corda HA-1 MKII.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna bring a bunch of CD's too.

Aug 4, 2004 at 7:36 AM Post #23 of 29
I guess I'll bring the following...

Headphones:
Grado HP-1
Grado SR-225 w/ flats
Sennheiser HD-595
Audio Technica ATH-500
Sennheiser HD580 (maybe)

Amps:
Maxed out META42

Cables:
Monster Cable Interlink Reference 2

Sources:
Rio Karma + Dock

Sorry my selection sucks (except for the HP-1's.) You'll recognize me as a teenage Korean looking kid.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 8, 2004 at 11:48 AM Post #27 of 29
blah, my e5's and px100 and mx500 wont be here in time. I hate to be someone who cant contribute much, but I do want to bring my dad who enjoys good music and sound. I also want to try out all those phones, since it'll be a while before I can buy them . . .
Btw my dad's gonna be playing guitar at Manoa Valley Church so I hope no one minds if we come at 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back