Have you ever deal with bad cop?
Dec 10, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #16 of 50
he does sound so professional.

i know that a lot of cops doesnt like young asian kids driving around EVOs and stuff. they just pull them over for no specific reason; my younger brother gets pulled over time to time to just get check if he is legit in regard to any modifications to the car. And i guess that is why he removed the spolier and so on to look not as sport-y as it really is.

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #17 of 50
I would just forget it, pay the fine, and perhaps spend a few hours in traffic school to remove those points. I understand that police officers have to be firm about their work, because there are alot of hazards in their profession, especially those who work the metro beat, undercover work, all the edgy stuff that TV often dramatizes. Highway police aren't as different, and I've seen the evidence (The CHP branch near the photo lab where I work always brings us their photographic evidence, including the gruesome traffic accidents).

The guy should've been more professional and lash out like that, but like others have said, he's probably experienced a few bad accidents, and thinks that a good mental kick in the rear will do people good.

Though your first ticket wasn't as bad. Mine I got for going about 37 MPH over speed limit. I believe 25 MPH over is considered reckless endangerment and commands a higher penalty fee. Luckily I only had to pay about $227 and do 6 hrs. of traffic school. It happened in Orange County, so they probably didn't need much of my dough
icon10.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #19 of 50
1. retain a lawyer

2. the police officer's dashboard cam will show he tailed you for 3 miles at 65mph

3. all those slurs about cops are true. lesson learned.

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #20 of 50
I've only been pulled over once, and it was a nice cop, thank god...I deserved to be pulled over that night, heh. It was like 2am and I was coming home with a buddy through some back roads, and it was totally deserted, as usual. I got nailed doing 130 km/h in an 80, as well as coasting through a stop sign. That, and, at the time, my friend and I were both 17, and he had an open bottle of gin in his backpack, though neither of us had had a single drink. The cop totally asked what was in the backpack, but since this is Canada, wasn't allowed to actually touch it. I acted all meek and sorry (which I was...it was a stupid thing to do), and he only gave me the stop sign infraction, no speeding ticket, which was awesome because being 50 or more over means automatically going to court....ANYWAYS, moral of the story, if/when I get pulled over again, I'll just say I'm sorry and act sincere and give in, and hopefully the cop will be a nice guy and not nail me to the wall

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #21 of 50
Not to mean any offense Rycet but were you driving the car in your avatar? I know I've spoke to a few cops (mostly at hospitals, ironically I drive way too fast and have never been pulled over, knock on wood) that have admitted that they're more likely to pull over flashy sports cars, especially those that look like the driver's taking part in street races (stickers, body kits, etc).

Theres a few documentaries on street racing and it seems like it frustrates cops to no end knowing that there are loads of racing cars driving around but are still "street legal".

I guess I've only had one true run in with a cop. And that was 4 summers ago when my friends and I (all but 1 under age) decided to be idiots and drink in the streets outside our hotel in Queens. The cop was hilarious and calmly told all of us to just poor out our beer. One of my friends kept one in his pocket, the cop knew and asked him if he was planning on drinking that?
biggrin.gif
Most of the NYPD cops seem really cool.

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #22 of 50
I have yet to meet a cop that I liked. But to be fair, there aren't too many people in general that I actually do like.

With that said, I am sure there are good and decent cops out there, and I do appreciate what Police Officers do for the community - you know the *real* cop work of putting away the bad guys. I know I certainly am not cut out for that type of work. As a matter of fact, I could guarantee that I would probably be the biggest pr**k cop in the known world, and I would probably end up shooting all of the 'perps'. I guess I should stick to computers, huh?

wink.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #23 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to mean any offense Rycet but were you driving the car in your avatar?

Nope, I'm driving a civic, no mods, no rims, no stickers. The car on my avatar is my first car, a toyota sera. I have it when I was in Australia.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

I would say half of cops are punks and half are reasonable members who serve our community.

Just an approximation,

I'd say there's fewer bad cops than that, but the trouble is they both wear the same uniform.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #25 of 50
Yes, my favorite experience was being pulled over on the highway in Ohio. (wasn't speeding, nothing wrong) Then the the officer had his gun drawn and yelled, "Put your hands where I can see them!!!"

I put my hands on my steering wheel.

He then walked up to my window and yelled, "Do you speak English?!"

I said, "Yes".

Then he yelled, "I'm giving you a warning this time, next time I won't!"

He never did say why he pulled me over.

Now I live in California. Have had no problems here. In fact a good friend of mine is a CHP officer.
wink.gif

-Ed

Feb 8, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #27 of 50
Hi guys, just want to update this thread.

I just came back from the traffic court. Apparently in Philadelphia, you will only see the police officer who ticket you when you're going to appeal. I went there, registered with the court clerk, talk to the police who act as DA in this traffic court. She told me that the judge is the 2 of several judges on that traffic court who doesn't allow plea bargain. I felt bad already. I wait around 15 mins before the judge came. When it's my turn to see her, I told her what happens. She listened and give me 2 choices, she drop the violation, no point, no record but fine stayed or I can appeal and confront the officer directly on my appeal. I took the first option and consider it as $100.00 lesson to learn.
redface.gif
Going to appeal is not worth my time, aggravation, risk of getting points and insurance jack up.

Feb 8, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, just want to update this thread.

I just came back from the traffic court. Apparently in Philadelphia, you will only see the police officer who ticket you when you're going to appeal. I went there, registered with the court clerk, talk to the police who act as DA in this traffic court. She told me that the judge is the 2 of several judges on that traffic court who doesn't allow plea bargain. I felt bad already. I wait around 15 mins before the judge came. When it's my turn to see her, I told her what happens. She listened and give me 2 choices, she drop the violation, no point, no record but fine stayed or I can appeal and confront the officer directly on my appeal. I took the first option and consider it as $100.00 lesson to learn.
redface.gif
Going to appeal is not worth my time, aggravation, risk of getting points and insurance jack up.

Congratulations! You have just be passed through all four chambers of the municipal cash cow's stomach.

I really don't mind it though; it actually works for both individual parties involved. You get to keep the offense from your insurance company, where it does the most damage, but you feel a little sting from the hand slap fine (relatively no big deal) and the city gets paid with no plea headache.

In effect, the court holds you hostage, knowing you don't want a moving violation on your record, which can up your insurance rates. Additionally, they know you don't want to take the chance of facing the officer or waste your time doing so. The down side is this practice will, seemingly, allow those with bad driving habits to escape the eye of their insurance companies. So do the insurance companies lose? I doubt it. I would assume they just increase rates across the board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back