Has Head Fi ever Banned?
Feb 26, 2002 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 14
TracyLynn i think was one.

Feb 26, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 14
First of all: That is a weird question!

What, you're dissappointed that nobody has ever been banned???

Second of all: I have been banned myself
biggrin.gif
(Don't confuse that smiley with me being proud of it - I'm not)

Oh! I believe tracelynn got banned??

Still, that is a weird question!

Feb 26, 2002 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 14
Yes, like nearly all forums, head-fi has had to ban people. It is the only way to keep trolls such as tracylynn and such from making this place "supa an0yy11ng"

Flasken, you weren't banned, you were just allowed to sober up
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba

Flasken, you weren't banned, you were just allowed to sober up
wink.gif

True. And since that i have never touched alcohol.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
TracyLynn i think was one.

why? I mean, I don't remember her really flaming. Maybe the language was poor(read: poor english). . .

Feb 26, 2002 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 14
a few people have been banned. most were spammers who joined the forums long enough to post some meaningless gibberish and swear words, but chances are the posts were deleted so fast that most people never saw them.

by the way, my custom title about being banned is just a joke
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw

why? I mean, I don't remember her really flaming. Maybe the language was poor(read: poor english). . .

That person had multiple aliases on head fi, like panoz777 and a bunch more...i think.

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Second of all: I have been banned myself
biggrin.gif
(Don't confuse that smiley with me being proud of it - I'm not)

I ended up translating your drunken post to someone on this board
eek.gif

Not as easy as one might think!

Feb 27, 2002 at 3:05 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
What, you're dissappointed that nobody has ever been banned???

It's not so weird. I would like to know that people get banned. There's this one guy that has something against me (actually, he has something against all proggers, but for some reason, he singles me out by name), and if he ever discovers this board, I guarantee you that he will get moderated, if not banned. For those that remember the Britney Spears thread, he's like 10 times worse than that, on purpose, and with no remorse.

Feb 28, 2002 at 6:37 AM Post #11 of 14
Ok, back on topic. When I see something in the For Sale Forum that I might be interested in, I temporarily ban joelongwood. Once I decide to buy or pass on it, then I reset him.
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 3:51 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Ok, back on topic. When I see something in the For Sale Forum that I might be interested in, I temporarily ban joelongwood. Once I decide to buy or pass on it, then I reset him.
biggrin.gif

LOL!! Evidently, you haven't been doing a very good job at it
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Moo:

LOL!! Evidently, you haven't been doing a very good job at it
wink.gif

I just haven't figured how to use my moderator status to ban him on Audiogon or HeadWize.

Feb 28, 2002 at 9:17 PM Post #14 of 14
Things are very tame/civil here, over at Audiogon several people have been banned for vicious personal attacks, really nasty. Tempers can flare when you have zealots defending their 50k+ systems and 1k+ interconnects. This is one reason they now screen replies before posting.

The funny thing is many initially went to a site called Audio Outcasts, which is not for women and children, it was like Dr Moreau's island of misfits
very_evil_smiley.gif

This site may no longer be open, can't find it now, I used to check in just for a laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back