Gumstick Rechargeables
Sep 5, 2001 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 10
The 1400mA (or mW, I don't know) ones, any brand. I found a couple places but they're so damn expensive, like 25 bucks a piece.

Sep 25, 2001 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 10
In most places on the planet, only the "electronic giants" make batteries of this form factor, so I'm afraid you'll have to settle for the 25 buck price *sigh*.

A cheaper alternative would be to look for lower-capacity Ni-Cd gumpacks. Most devices that recharge Ni-MH can recharge Ni-Cd with no problem, and it might fit into your budget better.

The unit would be mAh.

Sep 25, 2001 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Well,

Consumer electronics are cheap in HK. I can get 1400NiMh Sony stick for $14 USD. If there are a bunch of you that want one, I can go get a couple. Shipping should be less than $5, so it would be worth it if a couple of you were interested and willing to distribute accordingly.

I remember ordering a stick direct from Sony when I was in the States, and the shipping alone was $10...the battery arrived a week later.

I personally have two of them for my MD player, and I carry around an extra battery stick instead of the external battery holder.

There are other brands here, but the Sonys come with a plastic battery case that is nice for transport.

al

Sep 30, 2001 at 8:20 AM Post #7 of 10
Sony Stamina 1400mah Gumsticks in the UK are on average about £12 ($17)... but the cheapeast i've seen them in the UK was in a little shop in Frome (Somerset) where i bought 3 at a cost of £8 ($11) each

Unfortunately that was whilst i was visiting the south west of England which i don't do anymore, so i can't go and buy a job lot to pass on i'm afraid

Oct 1, 2001 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 10
Are there any Sony Centers in Wisconisn or Minnesota or are they just everywhere in the UK?

Oct 1, 2001 at 6:45 AM Post #10 of 10
Don't you have Sony Style shops in the US?

Or, any authorised Sony Dealer should carry the things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back