Greatest era for rock music.
Oct 12, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #16 of 18
I think the late 60s were awsome. Lots of creativity. However, i think that the post punk period of the late 70s/80s was even better. Most of my favorite bands and the sound that I like came out of this period. A lot of the bands came from Manchester, England. The bands from this era that I like are The Smiths, The Church, The Joy Division, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Pyscedelic Furs, The Chameleons, REM, The Stone Roses, The Replacements, U2 and many more. These bands created music that set a mood and had emotion. Plus these bands often had pretty good poets as front men. Lots of good guitar work among these bands. Take the Church for example. The interplay between the two guitarist is phenominal. Anyone who has ever been to a Church show knows what I mean. By the way, if you like these bands, check out the new debut album by Interpol called Turn on the Brightlights. This is a post punk revival.

Oct 12, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #18 of 18
WHAT ABOUT CAN?!?!?!

Does anyone remember this incredible, experimental, progressive, genre-establishing band? Can was hitting their stride just about the time I was born... and yet their work remains fascinating and immensely appealing even today.

(heads off to order Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, and Future Days)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back