Graham Slee Voyager headphone amp - back in stock after delays
Sep 8, 2008 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shaun_g

Member of the Trade: HiFi Headphones (UK)
Source: Graham Slee Voyager back in stock after long delays | Headphone Reviews & News Blog from HiFi Headphones

The Graham Slee Voyager headphone amplifier is back in stock after a delay of some months. The delays, due to a shortage of the parts, has meant the Graham Slee portable headphone amp has been out of stock with many UK retailers for an extended period of time.
graham-slee-voyager-220x220.jpg

Graham Slee Voyager

John Cadman, Graham Slee's production manager, reported that the delays have been caused by a shortage of the Voyager case component. The case is manufactured outside the UK (in Canada) and the shortage of this one component has held up production.

Graham Slee produced the Voyager headphone amplifier to be used with MP3 players, such as the iPod, and other portable audio devices. The Voyager amp simply plugs into the headphone output of the audio source and you plug your headphones or earphones into the Voyager's headphone out.

About Graham Slee

Graham Slee have a long standing reputation in the British audio world for producing phono pre-amplifiers (for vinyl record playing turntables) and high quality desktop headphone amplifiers, such as the Graham Slee Solo.

The Solo headphone amp is popular in broadcast and recording studio environments. The Voyager is the first venture into portable headphone amplifiers for Graham Slee and has been very well received by the audio and HiFi press.

More Information

For a range headphone amplifiers, including the Graham Slee Voyager, please visit the HiFi Headphones store.

Sep 10, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 6
Great, this IMO is a great sounding unit. May not look pretty but it sure has a big sound.

Besides, this type of case is very hard to scratch or dent. Something I always used to worry me when I used my LaRocco PRII MkII.

Sep 10, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 6
Yes, it isn't the most pretty headphone amp available!
confused_face.gif

I was chatting with John Cadman (Graham Slee production manager) about the case. He explained that they went to some trouble to choose a case that is lightweight and is durable.

I agree about the quality of sound. The guys at Graham Slee are absolute perfectionists when it comes to the components that go into their products and it seems the result is worth it.

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 6
I agree the case choice of the Voyager is very practical. I can put my ipod touch on it without worrying about scratching the back of the ipod. I can not do that with other amps, such as the D10 (now for sale).
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back