Grado SR60e Wiring Diagram?
Feb 18, 2024 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Lovegasoline

New Head-Fier
I've got a couple pairs of Grado's that are out of commission. My SR80 has the typical 'Y' cable damage and when I get motivated I'll replace the wiring and do some other basic mods.

In the meantime I've been listening to my SR60e until the plug got damaged. I've never replaced an auto plug but have a few Swithcraft plugs I bought years ago and will use them to do a quick repair (good practice and maybe will inspire me to make some moves on the SR80 mods).

The SR60e has 4 conductors: two blue wires, a red, and a white: can anyone please explain the wiring schema? I've read a few Grado wiring threads and I'm not seeing this particular combo. I'd use a multimeter on the wires coming from the cut-off mangled plug but the metal post is badly bent/cracked so the connections aren't intact.

Further, the Switchcraft plug (35HDRABAU Stereo mini plug, right angle) only has two wire posts plus the big metal strip which I assume is the ground (see pic blelow). So how do the 4 Grado conductors connect?

Thanks a bunch!
-Lovegasoline
IMG_20240218_043832416_MP.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back