Grado sound in IEM? And other questions...
Jan 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jeremy6044

100+ Head-Fier
I have a couple of questions here, actually....

I started out with the ety er-6i, then got the ksc-75s, and now just upgraded to the grado sr-225. The grados sound sooooo much better than anything I've heard before. I'm amazed at how they make my music sound so different, and my ipod nano now doesn't even sound as thin as it always had with the other headphones. So my first question is, how are the er-6i and ksc-75 so highly rated when they just don't seem to be as enveloping and full sounding as the grados??

Secondly, is there an IEM that has a similar sound to the sr-225?

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 7
1 SR225 = 10 to 15 KSC75s?

I haven't heard any of the really high end IEMs, but I just have this gut feeling that none are able to offer a sound signature that is just as involving as exciting as Grado's (definitely not etymotics...
biggrin.gif
).

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 7
in a way that's good to hear. i just assumed iem's were comparable because so many people talked them up. i just use my er-6i's for plane flights now to drown out the engine noise. i don't use the ksc75's for anything now...just amazed at how much better the grado's are.

But I would like something more portable than the Grado's with that sound signature. I guess nothing like that exists?

Jan 29, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #6 of 7
alot of reviewers and people have said the JAYS headphones sound like portable IEM grados

Users who are viewing this thread

Back