Grado *new* GR8 IEM
Aug 1, 2009 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10
I have placed an order for these and will be taking pre orders at this time. Email me for more info.

Press release says:

[size=x-small]"Grado Labs is pleased to announce the introduction of our new model headphone.

GR8_640.jpg

“GR8”

The GR8 is Grado’s first in-ear transducer.

It is an elegant wide bandwidth single magnet armature design which results in a musical clarity and character that is the signature of Grado engineering and voicing.
An additional benefit of this approach in design is that it results in a device that is smaller and lighter than the competition and therefore much more comfortable to wear in the ear.
As a result of precision hand crafting it is exceptional in reproducing vocals. Its clarity in mass instrument recordings is unsurpassed. Realistic spatial definition is quite apparent also"[/size]

* Driver: Moving armature
* Connector type: standard mini plug (gold over brass)
* Frequency range: 20 -20,000 Hz
* Sensitivity: 118db/1mw
* Impedance: 120 ohms
* Maximum input power: 20mW
* Cable length: 51"/130mm (oxygen-free copper wire)
* Weight: 9 grams including plug and cord

I do want to secure my customers order so if anyone wants to be the first to own these please email me (audiolineout@gmail.com). Also I do not want to say that these are to be delivered in such and such weeks knowing how unpredictable deliveries of new products from headphone manufactures have been lately!

Then there will be another IEM from Grado also the Grado iGi, this will be much less $$. I have also placed an order for these as well.

More info as it becomes available.

Thank you

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 16, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #6 of 10
Strange that we never hear anything about these GR8's. Ken if you have them in stock did you listen to them yet??? What is your sincere opinion about them?

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange that we never hear anything about these GR8's. Ken if you have them in stock did you listen to them yet??? What is your sincere opinion about them?

Rasmushorn,

Agreed... I also thought there would be more buzz on them. I suspect the IEM market is crowded. There is a small thread HERE

I indeed do have them in stock at the retail store (32 Ohm Audio), as well as ALO audio

I have honestly not have a lot of time lately to listen to them. I did try them out and was happy with the large order I placed for them! They are light and comfortable and are strong performers for the price, well done. The people who have bought them from me have all been happy, I do wish there was more reviews out there as well though.

Thanks for the post

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 17, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 10
Hi Ken - thanks! That sounds positive. I think you are right. The IEM-market is crowded indeed. I was hoping to be able to give it a try at a local meet a few weeks ago. But the Danish Grado distributor did not bring the GR8.

I think I will wait for some more reviews and comparisons before I try it out. Have a great day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back