Grado Facility Tour
Feb 20, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #108 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fardad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do Grados (particularly the SR80s) use neodymium magnets?

I think they all do nowadays, yes.

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #109 of 120
Comes in to the factory in grey cardboxes. Goes out in white cardboxes... Sweet!
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #110 of 120
Bit off-topic, but can you put those GS1000 circumaural pads on other grados?
Would this have a positive effect??

Feb 20, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #111 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by indysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One can without any problem. Will it sound good? Only the user can elaborate on that. I personally feel the larger pads detract from the sound of those models which were not designed to have them but YMMV. There are plenty who love the effect.

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #112 of 120
Seeing all the pics made me feel more at ease about picking up my SR325i's next month. *sigh* the grado vs senn thread really had me put off, but this thread made me realize it's not bad. I've worked in an environment much like this. My primary concern is that they wash things off prior to release.

Quote:

This experimentation is leading me to pick up my baby PS1000's next month as stated prior. SR325i's with PS1000 pads. I'm going to go in for another listen here soon and give it a side by side testing and give a full on evaluation on whether this truly is a baby PS1000, or if it's just a different can altogether, but if memory serves me right there's all the warmth and space I wanted from the PS1000 in SR325i's with G Cushions.

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #113 of 120
Quote:

I am so happy with my Sr325i golds and the G Cushions....no more ear pain and they sound great. before I made the change I loved the sound( but there could be some harshness and exagerated treble response), but could barely stand the pain of my ears being crushed in the poorly designed old ear pads. In my opinion, it has improved both sound and comfort, adding air and smoothing out the treble, allowing a more natural interaction between my ears and the speakers. I use a Ray Samuels "The Predator" USB/DAC Amp and the two are a wonderful combo.
dt880smile.png

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #116 of 120

Quote:
Did you get a chance to ask how Grado makes their cans able to function as x-ray goggles? No-one ever talks about it, but I use that feature all the time. It's really the main reason I bought the cans.

hahaha!!didt you knew?they worked at wayne warfare corporation at the time ney york was called gotham city!!

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #117 of 120
It's an old thread, chances are the pics were moved or deleted off of the hosting site.  Please don't bump old threads.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #120 of 120

Quote:
Antberg, you did nothing wrong, of course you can write in old threads, no rules against that.

Pics available:

http://gradolabs.com/page_tour.php

Enjoy.

Lovley Lady.

awesome! thanks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back