Got xp installed. WHAT?!? Does disk defrag really say I only have 13gigs free space?!?
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

oakleyguy89

100+ Head-Fier
When I really should have around 110+ gigs of freespace?!? What do I do about this??? It already had a couple partitions when it was asking what I should do with it and I did notice that C: only has 13 gigs left. H:has like 5gigs, but I formatted that since I dont want the hp recovery since it stinks. I got rid of the rest of those partitions, but still I have only 17gigs on the C: drive.

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 4
Should I just pop in the xp cd and reboot and reformat C: to ntfs? When I tried that before it said something about it could have system files etc... and I would have to clean install xp. Well, I wonder... What if all the old stuff like the old xp, programs, and files are still on C:? But that wouldnt make sense because i would get ntldr error just by booting from the HDD, and I tried these instructions on this page:Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy, CD-R, or USB flash with the usb flash drive and I went through all 10 options and yet to be able to boot up windows.

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #4 of 4
Oh okay, wow. It worked
biggrin.gif
I just got rid of all partitions and just put it on C: after being formatted. Im guessing somehow all the old files/OS/and bloat junk from 6 yearold cousin were still on the HDD, but it was unable to boot or get anywhere with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back