Got the E-MU, but...
Jun 3, 2004 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lojay

1000+ Head-Fier
Man, I didn't know it'd be so quick thinking it came all the way from USA to HK, half the circumfrence of the globe...
biggrin.gif

But then I figured that there where <B> two (Left + Right) 1/4" outputs </B>. None of my speakers or headphones' plugs will work, they're 1/8" mini and red/white RCA males. I've got one adapter for the HD497 that's 1/4" to 1/8" (dunno if i got it right, but it has a 1/4" end plug and a 1/8" hole, hope this clears things up), but I dunno which line out (left or right) I should use to plug my speakers/headphones into, since one is two RCA's and another is one 1/8" plug. In the box I found a 1/4 to two 1/4's Y cable, but I find this cable not making much sense, totally useless for me.

I know there's posts on this issue before, but I don't understand their babble. Same as the other head-fi'ers, when I plugged my speakers (with an red/white RCA to one 1/8" and then -> one 1/8" to 1/4" -> to either Left or Right Line Out on the E-MU daughter card), only one speaker has sound or the bass is totally missing (I use satellite speakers with subwoofer). I've read the manual but I don't know what the heck's a TS or TRS cable, and I cant understand the terms in cables of mono, stereo, balanced, phono.....n' whatever....damn I'm stupid ><".....

Jun 3, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 4
Both 1/4" jacks on the card are mono. Your 1/4 and 1/8 plugs for your standard consumer equipment are all stereo. The easiest thing for you to do is buy two rca to 1/4 TS convertors and slap them on one end of your rca cables.

Jun 3, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 4
As someone pointed out in another thread, you need two of these,
or something like it.

Also, Headphile makes some dual 1/4" to RCA connector cables that work quite well (that is what I am using).

Jun 4, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 4
Sorry I didn't update this thread, but actually I asked Iron_dreamer about this already. Since I don't have an amp, I'll also need to buy an adapter that accepts one stereo 1/8" and fits two mono 1/8"'s.

Quote:

The easiest thing for you to do is buy two rca to 1/4 TS convertors and slap them on one end of your rca cables.

Will do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back