Got some new cds today. . .
Jun 20, 2002 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Well, the postman came by and brought me 3 new cds from columbiahouse.

Weezer (2001, the green disc)
System of a Down: Toxicity
Dave Matthews Band: Under the table and Dreaming

To system of a down, WOW!

I was expecting some pretty good music but BAD sound quality. I WAS DEAD WRONG!
eek.gif

The cd is GREAT in the sound quality department! Very crisp and clear!

Jun 20, 2002 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 11
You shoud've gotten the other Weezer albums before the Green album if you haven't already. Just IMO.

Jun 20, 2002 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 11
Yeah, you should grabbed the blue album first then the green one, in my opinion, pinkerton is a turd...and a big turd.

Jun 21, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #5 of 11
If you like Under the table, you should get Crash too... I actually like Crash better. It's a great CD for details galore. It really exposes your equipement's ability to shift gears and expose quiet details while a lot of **** is going on.

Plus the music is pretty good.

Jun 21, 2002 at 1:20 PM Post #7 of 11
I just got SOAD's Toxicity last night.. I like it way more than I thought I would.. I guess I was expecting nu-metal ala Godsmack, I was not expecting a cross between the Minutemen, Pantera and Mr. Bungle. Great stuff! :)

-jar

Jun 21, 2002 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
lol, I agree.
smily_headphones1.gif

Whats wrong with the green album? Thats a good album.

Pick up DMB Before these crowded streets as well, its a great album.

Also try Sarah Mclachlan "fumbling towards ecstasy"

Jun 21, 2002 at 6:05 PM Post #10 of 11
I disagree with Crash. I think DMB started going downhill with this album. Why? It's too heavily produced and the sound is too "clean" and there's no live feel. I guess since I spent my college years listening to "Remember Two Things" and "Recently" and seening DMB at small clubs, the idea of DMB doing a "studio album" just sounds wrong to me. Honestly, it just sounds so sanitized and not raw enough. I feel the same way about the Pixies' Bossanova.

Jun 21, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Kubernetes
I disagree with Crash. I think DMB started going downhill with this album. Why? It's too heavily produced and the sound is too "clean" and there's no live feel. I guess since I spent my college years listening to "Remember Two Things" and "Recently" and seening DMB at small clubs, the idea of DMB doing a "studio album" just sounds wrong to me. Honestly, it just sounds so sanitized and not raw enough. I feel the same way about the Pixies' Bossanova.

Sure your not confusing "too clean" with well produced? Because "crash" is well produced (for heavily produced, try Oasis' Be here now album), its an amazing cd imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back