Got my ES-10s - one problem..
May 18, 2010 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Vergex2

100+ Head-Fier
The metal parts protecting the driver actually pushes against my ear and that gets rather irritating.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks.

May 18, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #3 of 10
You own ES-10s, right?

Look at the center area protecting the drivers and you can see that convex? protrusion which protects the drivers?

After taking it off many times, it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem currently, though it hurts like hell if it isn't adjusted right. Maybe it is just an outlier, but my ears got caught in that center thing several times (or maybe it is aggravated by having my ES-10s on for a while?)

If I can just circumvent this problem with careful adjustment when putting on, it'd be nice, but the pressure against my ears when making this consideration is somewhat painful.

Ah well, I'll just hope it loosens up eventually and I can adjust.

May 18, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #6 of 10
I admittingly have small and relatively flat ears, but I'm not sure if your pads are positioned right if your ears are touching the drivers that are in dead centre?  I can understand how this problem may happen for circumaural headphones but not with something supraaural such as this... positioned correctly the pads should be resting on your outer ears and not even close to the driver covering in the recessed hole in the center. 

May 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
The metal parts protecting the driver actually pushes against my ear and that gets rather irritating.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Yes, it's pretty normal for all the AT headphones I've tried so far.
The clamping force is pretty strong and will hurt your ears a lot initially.
It might take a couple week to let the headband loosen and it'll be quite more comfortable.
You could try the 'pillow method' to make this process faster.

May 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #9 of 10
Ah, I think you guys are right - it may be an adjustment problem.

Yesterday I must have messed up terribly - it seems to be fine now, at least.

I suppose I'll also do the pillow to help mold it faster.

May 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #10 of 10
I ran into that problem once before, but just had to adjust the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back