Google Glass
Feb 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:
next time we will have a real MMORPG using those glasses

Thats a great idea! 

Especially LARP (Live Action Role Playing) Games, you can have the area map in one corner, its going to be real fun.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #17 of 29
From what I know, Google's also working on object recognition, so its possible they can identify things and photos for you.

So, for example, if you walk past a cinema, it can probably tell you what movies are playing there, and what's their rating. 

This is what I want to see next. It would be awesome when driving, playing games etc.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:
>:0 so they're going for the monopolization of all information?!?!?!!

Of course... Google is an information giant...I'm not so sure about monopoly, because most of the information on Google is available through other search engines too. 

But the combination of information + a physical device that can use it = real use IMO.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #20 of 29
I remember doing a research paper on this 10 years ago. Back then, wearable computers were massive and instantly labelled you as anti-social.

Here is an interesting picture that shows the evolution of the wearable computer:

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:
I remember doing a research paper on this 10 years ago.  Back then, wearable computers were massive and instantly labelled you as anti-social. 

Here is an interesting picture that shows the evolution of the wearable computer:

Haha...its a good comparison. The processing power has really come a long way, modern devices are smaller, but also power hungry.

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #23 of 29
i think Google Glass needs tons of mobile data, and our local telecoms will charge an arm and leg for those kinds of data haha... not wise to get it here in our country, i bet!

i wonder if it can run properly offline haha... i doubt

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:
i think Google Glass needs tons of mobile data, and our local telecoms will charge an arm and leg for those kinds of data haha... not wise to get it here in our country, i bet!

i wonder if it can run properly offline haha... i doubt

Where I stay, I'm being charged for a 12GB plan (I got it before they slashed the data to 2GB). I almost never hit the limit, I'm not even close to half most of the times. I guess it can be used in my place pretty easily.

And I don't think its going to consume more data than the phone.

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #25 of 29
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, or at least I didn't noticed it, but there's a quite good in-depth article on The Verge , which can be found here. There's also a tentative launch date for late 2013 and early 2014, with a price of 1500$. A lot of people say that the biggest problem is aesthetic, but hey, with enough marketing these things are going to look pretty normal to people. Who knows, it has worked wonders for Beats (I know that at some levels it's not the same). Other's talk about integrating this to real glasses so they can accommodate people with different formulas (the ones in the crystal).

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:
so this is basically augmented reality. I thought they had this already before google glass was invented.

Yes they did, but not in this size and form factor, and the biggest feature of all, Google's information base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back