good price for Sony MZ-R3?
Mar 8, 2003 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm interested in this unit and also ones like the R30. What would be a good price for an MZ-R3 in good condition, just the unit itself? I got one off Ebay for $62 with the ac adaptor, its a little scuffed, but everything works fine. I saw a brand new one thats going for $175-- seems a little steep for an older unit with older ATRAC, but then again, it's brand new with all the accessories.

I'm basically looking for something with a killer headphone out. I also like the older, "brick" asthetic. MDLP isn't a necessity at all since I record everything in SP mode. I had an R50, and loved it, but the headphone out always farted out in the bass region when the volume was up high.

I've heard the older ones like the R30 and R3 have quite good headphone outs....

any advice or opinions?

thanks!
appar111

Mar 8, 2003 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 5
R3's pop up on ebay every now and then - up to US$50 would be a good price. R30, I'd put up maybe.. 75 clams for one. (but i'm cheap
tongue.gif
)

Whats that jog dil on the R3 like? It looks decent, useful. Of course you shouldn't record with the R3, ATRAC 3 is sadly lacking compared to 4.5 -> type R

Mar 8, 2003 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Is ATRAC 3 really that bad?

Mar 8, 2003 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 5
because I have an MZ-R55 and I believe it has ATRAC 4, and I think it sounds great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back