Good headphones under $ 150, need your opinion!
Jul 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

userchell

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!

I need your opinion about this. Actually i just bought my first 'nice' headphone, it's the Sennheiser HD 202.Because there's a lot of cheap and bad headphones in my country, so i think why not buy a nicer headphone?

Anyways i want to buy another one and i'm really confused. There's a lot of choices in here. For example: Shure SRH 440, Audio Technica ATH M50, Sennheiser HD 429 and HD 555, and many more.

But i've heard a lot of people here use the Takstar Pro 80, and i know it's a China brand and i'm not sure because of it. And also a lot of people tell that i has i really good sound quality.

Could you suggest the best based on my budget? And what about the Takstar Pro 80's quality? Is it good compared to the another branded brands? Like Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, even Shure.

PS : Sorry if my english is bad.

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #2 of 9
I have not heard the Takstar but I have heard good things about it. Consult this thread to learn more: http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-thread

You might want to consult this Head-Fi buying guide since it can explain some differences between headphone types (e.g., closed vs. open).

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #3 of 9
I have not heard the Takstar but I have heard good things about it. Consult this thread to learn more: http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-thread

You might want to consult this Head-Fi buying guide since it can explain some differences between headphone types (e.g., closed vs. open).

Thanks for the answer, actually same here. I haven't heard this brand commonly.
So i'm a little bit worried about this brand.

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the answer, actually same here. I haven't heard this brand commonly.
So i'm a little bit worried about this brand.

Well, I meant that I have not listened to them. Heard plenty about them.

And that's the thing. There are lots of great brands here on Head-Fi that you won't have heard of. Sometimes that's where the best deals are because the big corporations spend a lot of money on marketing (thus why you have heard of them) and leaving in profit for retail stores and such.

I think it's a little bit more expensive here, i google it and the cheapest price of it is about $ 160, any more suggetions?

That's a pretty typical price. If you want to stay under $150, I'd say go with the M50.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 9
Well, I meant that I have not listened to them. Heard plenty about them.

And that's the thing. There are lots of great brands here on Head-Fi that you won't have heard of. Sometimes that's where the best deals are because the big corporations spend a lot of money on marketing (thus why you have heard of them) and leaving in profit for retail stores and such.

Well actually, it's because it is a China brand. I know there's a lot of people here use it but because of it, it worries me.
Hmm make sense. I actually never heard such brands as the Beyerdynamics, Koss, ext.

I'm loving the HD 558.  My M50X has harsher treble and a recessed nasal midrange by comparison.

It cost almost $ 200 here, maybe if i like, i would. Since i still saving the $$ for it haha.
Thanks for the answer.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 9
Well actually, it's because it is a China brand. I know there's a lot of people here use it but because of it, it worries me.

I have Chinese brand headphones, 2 portable amps, a DAP, and a desktop dac/headphone amp/pre-amp on the way from China right now. Some of the best price/performance value audio stuff these days is made in China by Chinese companies. If you read enough on Head-Fi, people will teach you which products :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back