Good headphone match for iBasso DX320?
Nov 11, 2023 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rebbi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm looking for recommendations for a great headphone match for the iBasso DX320. I have a pair of Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed Back cans that sound nice with the DX320, but I'd love to hear from DX320 owners who are very happy with a different set of cans. I'm looking for something closed back that can be had for under $1000, used or new.
Thank you!!!

Dec 4, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't personally own a DX320. I own a DX170 but my close friend owns a DX320 as well as the tube module. He has always been really happy with it and I'm also very happy with my DX170. He uses everything on it from Arya Steath to ZMF Aeolus. I never heard him say anything bad about his experience. As for me using his DX320 and my DX170, it does sound a bit different from desktop amps I've had. It feels like the music is clearer if that makes sense. It doesn't have more bass or midrage it's the trebble region that sees the largest benefit. So in my case, Hifiman pairings are damn good. As such, I would recommend the Aryas on it. You can find it under $1000. I'm literally writing this while I'm sitting on my porch and listening to my Arya Stealth on my DX170. I hope it helps.

Dec 4, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for responding. It just so happens that I picked up the Arya Stealth myself and I think it sounds fantastic driven by my DX320! :gs1000smile::gs1000smile: It's a really good match.
Well I'll be damned. Great minds think alike. Glad you like em'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back