Good electronics stores in the NW?
Sep 22, 2002 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tone

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to fix my RKV which was damaged during shipping. the 2 big capacitors for the right channel were damaged (by a loose transformer) and i am having LOTS of trouble finding them locally. i guess most electronic parts stores don't carry big capacitors (450 volt, 220uf type). i tried several stores in the Bellevue area and have had no luck at all.

I'm pretty confident that the capacitors are the only thing i need to replace so i just want to make sure before i ask helmut to send me the replacement stock capacitors all the way from germany.

I figure the nw bottlehead diyers might know of a place!

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2002 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 5
I might be able to find some caps in that voltage and similer values here in Portland. Is the dimensions of the cap critical to the mounting? Dimensions such as height and diameter will be helpful. Do the caps have screw terminals or solder posts?

Sep 23, 2002 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 5
I luckily had the capacitors on hand and brought them over and helped installl them. We had it working 2 hours after he posted his email. The internet with global reach was incredible Sunday since he lived about 10 miles from me.

That RKV is an outstanding sounding amp. It's almost a shame I heard it cause now I want to hear more of it. And if I sell my other amps I could get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back