Good comfortable IEM for bed-life?
Feb 12, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 15
I plan to use them with my head leaned on the cushion on one side, do you know a good pair of iem comfortable but also good in audio quality?

Get a bean shaped IEM like in the westone/shure series.

Would advise a detachable cable too, as a non-detachable IEM might break at the cable during sleep if you turn a lot and it gets snagged.

Feb 12, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 15
I use earbuds/speakers for sleeping so I could hear the alarm go off, but the SSR and MH750 are pretty comfortable because they don't protrude far, are small, and are quite flat. I heard some people say Sennheiser's IEM line-up is comfortable for sleeping.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 15
I use earbuds/speakers for sleeping so I could hear the alarm go off, but the SSR and MH750 are pretty comfortable because they don't protrude far, are small, and are quite flat. I heard some people say Sennheiser's IEM line-up is comfortable for sleeping.
i'm considering earbuds too, they could be even more comfortable than iem, any suggestion?

Feb 12, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 15
i'm considering earbuds too, they could be even more comfortable than iem, any suggestion?
I have no experience with expensive earbuds. Typical Chi-fi earbuds like the Faaeal (also known by the community as FAAEAAEAAAEAL) Iris 2.0 are MX500 shaped. They look like they protrude far, but laying on a pillow sideways: It should feel normal/comfortable. You shouldn't feel it jutting into your ear. However, the fit of earbuds is controversial. Some people don't like comfort of them upright. I find them very comfortable without foams and I don't use the foams because they tend to fall off.

I have used the VE Monk Lite (now dead via bent 3.5mm jack) which has a more comfortable and smaller shell. However, just like RikuodouGoku said, the Monk Lite sounds like a bad radio. Overall, the difference shouldn't be large and I would have no issue with sleeping with both of those shells. Just like IEMs, I believe a removable cable is nice.

The earbud thread has a lot of people who have more earbud experience than me. If you asked me to recommend an earbud, I would just say something like the Iris 2.0 from Faaeal. It's cheap, the cable is stiffer and has a less chance of strangling you, and you get to find out if earbuds are comfortable.

P.S I manage to wake up most days with an earbud fallen out. Some days it is both.

Feb 13, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 15
Ie200

Feb 13, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #9 of 15
Ikko OH10. Low-profile, great bass, slight V shape so as to give decent bass at low volumes for sleep. I've had it over a year and it is my every-night sleep IEM.

It is a heavier IEM due to copper body but stays secure in the ear.

Feb 14, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #11 of 15
They only drawback for me with open earbuds for sleeping is that if I am on my side, whichever ear is pressed against the pillow, the volume on that side is louder, not balanced. I don't have that issue with my IEMs.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #15 of 15
I think Final's E series is a good choice, it's tiny, even when side sleeping you won't feel anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back