Good cd stores in DC / Baltimore area?
Mar 30, 2009 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I'm looking for a good place (brick and mortar) to browse CD's and SACD's now that I just got a new Ayre CD/SACD player.

Any suggestions? It seems that College Park might have some good places since U of Md is right there.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't know of any. There are very few independent stores that I know of and the B&N and Borders are downsizing the music departments. The B&N in 7 Conrners (Falls Church, VA) has a decent classical section.

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 5
There's a decent size place in College Park just north of UMD on Rt 1 just after 193 or so. It's big and seemed to have a decent selection when I went in there.

I think there's a handful of Record and Tape Traders around, but don't know if they're any good or where.

Apr 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by PachmanP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a decent size place in College Park just north of UMD on Rt 1 just after 193 or so. It's big and seemed to have a decent selection when I went in there.

I think there's a handful of Record and Tape Traders around, but don't know if they're any good or where.

I used to really like Record and Tape Traders 25 years ago. They're no longer in College Park or Catonsville which were the 2 that I used to go to.

I believe there's a used music store in Falls Church on Broad St. (Rt. 7). I've never been in it so I don't know if it's any good.

I had heard that Orpheus Records in Claredon was closing, but it was still open when I drove by it a couple of weeks ago. It's hit or miss for CDs but very good for vintage vinyl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back