Good CD player for ~$60?
Dec 14, 2002 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

septikus

New Head-Fier
HI, i'm new to this forum, but i've been reading it for some time. I'm interested in buying a CD player that has a line out and decent battery life. But there are just so many models that i can't keep track of it. Could you guys make any reccommendations? Thanks a lot.

Dec 15, 2002 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 8
Hello!

What headphones are you using? Are you looking for mainly good sound quality in the player?

If so, I would recommend searching for a Panasonic SL-CT470 player, they're very highly regarded here. They have a lineout, great sound quality, and as far as I know, decent battery life. The only problem is that they're discontinued, but you could probably find a used one for ~$60, or even a new one for not much more.

Let's see...yes, I found one on Electronics Closeout for sale, but keep in mind, I have no idea if they REALLY have them in stock...anyone tried to buy one from this site?

EDIT: Manopbur is selling one that's still in the package in the marketplace: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=21884. One person has already replied it appears, but the deal could still fall through.

Dec 15, 2002 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 8
yes, i'm quite interested in sound quality, and have a senn hd280 and am going to be building a cmoy amp in the very near future. Thanks for the tips on the panasonic, i'll check it out. Are there any other players that haven't been discontinued that are in the price range and have a line out?

Dec 15, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 8
Unfortunately the best CD players are discontinued.Most of today’s portable CD are the absolute crappest of the crap
mad.gif

Jan 8, 2003 at 4:27 AM Post #5 of 8
Septikus, if you're in NYC, the stores on Canal St in chinatowns seem would be a treasure trove for you. I was shopping there recently and encountered many store s with one or two dusty packages left of discontinued models that seem to be highly rated here eg panasonic 490, 495, 470 etc. Prices were in the $45-$70 range.

Jan 8, 2003 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 8
wow, thanks for the tip. I don't live in the NY area, but if anyone does i would check those players out. I already bought a panasonic sl-ct570 though and am very happy with it.

Jan 8, 2003 at 3:12 PM Post #7 of 8
How much did you pay for the 570 and where?

Jan 9, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 8
i bought it used off of kajohndet through this forum for $67. I think there is a sl-ct590 for sale on there right now, though i've never tried the player

Actually looking at the ct590 it doesn't look as good as the 570. For one thing, I don't think it has uncompressed anti-skip, so you'll have some reduction in noise quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back