Good brand of cottonless boxers?
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes, this is a strange thread.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way.... when it comes to undergarments I am very particular, and I can't stand anything with cotton. The ones I've worn for the last several years are manufactured by Stafford (JC Penny brand, ha), and they are 91% Polyester, 9% Nylon. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find these again.

Do you know of a different brand that is similar? These are loose fit, thin, breathable, and very smooth.

Thank you sirs
beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Jun 24, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 5
I just did a google search and found boxers shorts on Amazon.com made of synthetic material. The advantage of Amazon is that you can read the reviews and if it gets a lot of good reviews it’s probably a good product....(of course, not always though)

For me, I think cotton is the best material for under garments. I feel it’s the most comfortable material generally.

However, the advantage of synthetic underwear is if you’re traveling and you hand wash your under garment in your hotel or guest house, synthetic material tends to dry faster than cotton. That can be a slight advantage if you’re on the road and away from home.

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Take it from a retired grunt,UNDER ARMOUR 9" Boxer Briefs!!!
I have worn Under Armour top & bottom for well over 20 years & will NEVER use anything else..

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Yep, I tossed all of my cotton underwear a year ago. Synthetic performance materials are just way, way, way better at sweat wicking and keeping me comfortable during the summer. Uniqlo used to make boxers out of their Airism material, which were ideal for slim types like me. I was bummed when they discontinued them, as they were some of the only boxers I had that didn't give me an instant wedgie. I now buy ExOfficio Give'n'Go boxer briefs because they're not too, uh, supportive, which I hate. Kinda expensive and definitely fit weird, but very comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back