Going to add vinyl to feed my music hunger
Jul 19, 2003 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Leo

100+ Head-Fier
Well today, I spent some time at my local shop enjoying a fantastic MOFI record of Ella and Louis. I listened to the first disc of the two disc album and loved it. The clarity, the range were beautiful. Ella's voice was just so elegant and smooth. Louis performance was outstanding. And this was mono recording!

The rig consisted of the following:

Rega P3 w/RB300 arm
Dynavector 10x5 cartridge
Rega Cursa
DH Labs Silversonic BL-1 Series II
Grado RA-1
Grado RS-1

After listening to this rig, I've determined my next venture in audio is acquiring a vinyl rig to use with my RA-1/RS-1 combo.

My equipment to acquire list consist of the following:

Rega P3 w/RB300 arm
Dynavector 20x cartridge
Lehman Black Cube phono stage

And since this shop stocks plenty of vinyl, it won't be heard to come buy quailty music to satisfy my tastes. And so the adventure begins. Wish me and my wallet luck
rs1smile.gif

Jul 20, 2003 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Leo, way to go! Will you also have it run through the front two channels of your theatre system? Congrats on choice.

Jul 21, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 4
Tom, yeah, I'll set it up downstairs since I'll space in the rack for it. It'll let me use it with the existing speakers as well as tap in with the headphone rig.

tanfenton,

No, I won't have this rig in time for the meet.

The interesting part was when I explained to my wife the interest in a turntable and she asked how much for the table, she didn't flinch at the price. Guess she's getting use to my habit expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back