Going from yuin pk2 to wich headpohne?
Mar 11, 2008 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LordZero

100+ Head-Fier
First, sorry for my English and for another "which one should I get" thread.

Well, like the topic says, I'm using the PK2's and I like how they sound, I don't care about the lack of bass, in fact that is the reason I traded my X3i for them, the bass of X3i was just too much.
My only cons with the PK2 is how the highs sounds in some musics, sometimes they get a little uncomfortable, but I resolved that using the foam earpad's (but even with them, in one music or another the highs are still uncomfortable).

Anyway, I'm planing to get a little home setup to ear music on my PC, and after some researching I ended up with this 2 setups:

Emu 0202--> Audio Technica AD700 (no amp because there is no need for it, or a cheap pa2v2, since Ian said that it make them sound more balanced).

Or

Govibe Petite amp/dac--> Hd595 (I'm going for the amp/dac combo, because is almost in the same price as 0202 and have a better amp. My only question, is if the Govibe Petite combo will sound good with the Hd595).

Some people say that the Yuin sound signature is a little similar to the Grado's, unfortunately they are expensive in Portugal and EU, so it's why I'm not going for them

So what setup I should get?
Should I change something in the setup?
Their highs sometimes are uncomfortable like PK2 highs?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Here is my Last.fm profile, but I don't know if it will help.

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 3
I find the HD595 to have a very similar sound to my PK2 in my particular setup. Whether that will be true for you, I don't know.

I find the PK2 to have a very forward sound, but the highs are not as piercing as Grados. This is similar to the HD595 sound, IMO.

If you pair the HD595 with a warm sounding amp, I think you will get what you are after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back