"Go to first new post" feature not working 100%
Jul 15, 2010 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hero Kid

Headphoneus Supremus
Every time I click the little icon at the before the topic title to visit new posts it has recently been getting it wrong by 2-4 posts, even more in some cases. By getting it wrong I mean it shows me a post generally 3 posts ahead of where I last read.
Is anyone else having this problem? I've only noticed it in the past few days.

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 11
As another issues I'm finding clicking the next page down the bottom takes me to the bottom of that next page which means I have to scroll back up to the top again.
Again I've only noticed this recently.

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 11
Yeah, I notice the same.
It all began earlier this week. Probably Tuesday when they made some other changes to the forum - like brown text on sub-forums.

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
     Every time I click the little icon at the before the topic title to visit new posts it has recently been getting it wrong by 2-4 posts, even more in some cases.

Quote:
    As another issues I'm finding clicking the next page down the bottom takes me to the bottom of that next page which means I have to scroll back up to the top again.

Yes, I have been having the same problems for the last few days.

Quote:
     I can't even imagine what it would be like to look for a particular post in something like the Stax thread!

Painful is what it's like, I am reading through the Stax thread at the moment in preparation for building an eXStatA and buying some Stax and this is taking forever having to go back to the top of every page to read it.

Hopefully someone acknowledges the problem soon and has it fixed!

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 11
Indeed it is a very odd problem.
I came here to see if anyone else was having the same thing or if it was just my browser.
Glad to see I'm not alone =)

Jul 18, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #7 of 11
mac or pc guys and what browser are you using, may help the powers that be solve your problem.

Macbook pro here, using safari - no problems.

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #11 of 11
This really sucks! When I disable the "yahooapis" script, the page link will go to the top of the page or the right post like it's supposed to, but then the "quote" and "clear" buttons button stop working and I can't post!

I like Head-fi but this Huddler cr@p really blows...

Firefox 3.6.7 on Mac 10.6.4, all up to date.

Edit: Head-fi is broken with Firefox even with all scripts enabled, the "go to the post" or to the "top of the thread" feature goes to the end of the page.

So just enable the scripts you need for basic functionality, as Safari has it's own set of problems as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back