Glue to fixe my Shure SE846's
Aug 13, 2020 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fly Boy

New Head-Fier
I am looking for recommendations for glue to reseal my 846's. When I pulled off the left ear bud a couple of days ago it came apart. From what I can tell the wires are still together and I was able to rearrange everything back to where it is supposed to be.

I have used these headphones for 4 1/2 years and I do sleep with them in when I am on the road which is a lot.

My first idea was to get model glue but I am not sure if the plastic used with the Shure's is the same that glue is intended for and because I do sleep with them they are in a very humid environment for hours at a time.

Also if I am not able to get them fixed any recomendations for another set of headphones with higher build quality but the same type of fit (I need to be able to put my head down with my ear right into the pillow. Not sure I can spend what it would cost to replace the Shure's right now anything at that $900 or less price point is fine.

Thanks for the help!

Aug 18, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 4
E6000 glue with a needle applicator may work. You could also apply it with a pick, needle, toothpick or small eyeglass screwdriver.

It's a glue that remains flexible after curing and can be scraped off with a fingernail if necessary.

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 4
There's a product watchmakers and jewelers use called "hypo cement" which is basically like e9000 with a needle applicator already on the tube. It's not expensive.

You'll want to degrease the surfaces first. Alcohol will work well if you got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back