Ginza (Tokyo) Sony Building Trip (ayt999 has a load of fun) (56k warning....)
May 30, 2004 at 1:48 PM Post #31 of 38
We can't wait for your next trip and your more detailed thoughts on the new Sony's.
icon10.gif

May 30, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #33 of 38
well, she wore the R10 and she said that they sounded nice.
biggrin.gif
otherwise she didn't offer much in terms of comments.

unfortunately she wasn't there when I was auditioning the 010 so I couldn't get her comments on this particular pair.

Jun 9, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #34 of 38
Man...you are so lucky. So which one do you prefer R10 or the new Qualia Headphone? Those are so pretty man....

Jun 9, 2004 at 8:39 AM Post #35 of 38
Yeah....Did you ever get to go back and listen to the new Sony's again?

Jun 10, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #36 of 38
Dude, that is uber cool that you went to the sony place!

Thanks for the great pictures!

Sounds like most of the Qualia stuff was really nice. I'd be interested in the canal phones if they're ever sold separately, but so far I can't find anything thats better for portable use than the etys.

I can't wait until people really start listening to the 010's. Then we will have lots of great impressions. As for now, this is merely the tip of the iceberg. Nevertheless, its great to know atleast one person has experienced sony's new secret.

Best Regards,
Dan

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #37 of 38
Glad to hear they let you listen to them vs look at them. I am there, well soon.

Off to Hawaii for a couple weeks but Ginza now high on my list of places to visit when I get back. Can trick the gentler half into going too, since she thinks Ginza is her town(very clever Sony - arigato on this one), and Akihabara is mine. We have a mutual respect for each others anguish. If her pain in an audio store is anything like mine in those Ginza shoe shops, what agony. Ginza is the ladies fashion center, but evening entertainment is fine good restaurants, clubs etc...

l8r

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:34 AM Post #38 of 38
so I have just received an e-mail from the Ginza QUALIA store saying that the finalized 010 product is available for listening at the store.
biggrin.gif
they also had something in there about it being under warranty only in japan and servicable only in japan since it is a japanese product.
tongue.gif
maybe they didn't like my california address I used for their forms. (I should use my grandparent's address next time.)

also, it is going on sale on July 1st, but they are accepting advanced orders. they are so tempting.
smily_headphones1.gif
but I have told myself that my system is not going under major upgrades / purchases for now so I must resist. only a few cable / power / accessory upgrades for the next few months for me.

tomorrow is my last full day here, I'll have to decide whether I want to spend it at the QUALIA store or at other stores. I still have a few things left to buy. I wish they got the finalized product in earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back