Gingko Biloba + Tinnitus = More Tinnitus?
Apr 23, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #16 of 21
Ed:

Sorry to hear about your travails. I have a couple of suggestions: First, tinnitus is definitely aggravated by stress and vasoconstrictors such as caffeine and nicotine. Eliminate the caffeine completely. I highly recommend that you find a Transcendental Meditation center (http://www.tm.org) in your area and learn the technique. Last I heard it costs quite a bit to learn the technique in the US, but it will be worth every penny as it will greatly improve your wellbeing overall. There's been much research done on it as far as reducing stress, lowering blood pressure, increasing self-actualization etc. Do NOT get on Xanax as suggested above. While I do use Xanax myself very sparingly for public speaking (which causes me anxiety), it is habit forming when used long-term, and withdrawal can cause what is known as rebound anxiety. Trust me, I'm a physician and I know. I would recommend natural, safer, alternative anxiolytics. PM me if you want any more info. I had posted in your earlier thread that Gingko didn't differ from placebo in a large study. It just might not be the right solution for you.

Apr 23, 2004 at 5:29 PM Post #17 of 21
Believe it or not, the only headphones that aggravates my Tinnitus is my Port Pros. Hehe, I guess I'll have to wear my R10's around the town.
r10smile.gif

I think the last thing I need is a tranqualizer. I have trouble staying awake as it is.

I am going to try it the old fashioned way for now. No more caffiene, (I posted a "Life without Caffiene" thread/Blog here.) and exercise to lower my blood pressure. Both are good things to do anyways.

If my Tinnitus gets worse, then more drastic measures will have to be taken.

BTW, anyone know of a good ENT with experience with Tinnitus in Los Angeles (preferrable South Bay area) that accepts Blue Cross HMO?

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back