Getting EQ to work properly on my iBasso DX320
Feb 7, 2024 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rebbi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, Friends,

I have never messed with creating an EQ profile before now, so I am unfamiliar with how to do this. But now that I have purchased my Audeze LCDi4 planar magnetic IEM's, which require EQ to sound right, I need to sort this out.

I figured I would start by creating the proper EQ settings in Mango Player, since it comes standard with the DX320 and has a nice parametric equalizer.

I pulled the following settings from this thread on Reddit:

180Hz, +3dB, Low Pass Filter, Q=0.8
1.4kHz, -4dB, Band Filter, Q=3
2.5kHz, +8dB, Band Filter, Q=1.5
4.2kHz, +3dB, Band Filter, Q=1.5
7.7kHz, -2dB, Band Filter, Q=2
10.2kHz, -3dB, Band Filter, Q=2
16kHz, -3dB, Band Filter, Q=1

I have entered these values into the parametric equalizer included in Mango Player (with the exception that I can only seem to find room for six filters, whereas the above requires seven filters… Am I missing something there?).

The problem now is that when I switch the equalizer on with those settings, I get no sound at all from the DX 320. I just don't know what I am doing wrong

Can anybody give me a clue what the problem might be. Alternatively, is there a better Music player or standalone equalizer program on the Google play store that would enable me to capture and equalize the audio from streaming apps like Tidal and Spotify?

Many thanks,

Steve

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 6
I also installed wavelet, because I heard it was one of the better equalizer’s. Does it have a parametric equalizer as well as a graphic equalizer built-in? I haven’t had a chance to play with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back