Geshelli j2
May 8, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #181 of 183
Thanks guys. I ordered the "PRO to DUAL DIP8 Adapter - Adapter + Two SS2590 Fully assembled into adapter". Hopefully this is the correct one? It seems like it may be dual configuration instead of two singles.

Also I'm considering getting the DAC without any op-amps. Not sure if that's recommended? I would just throw them away anyway after upgrading. Maybe I should get it with however so I can see how they look when they are situated on the board.
What you have ordered from Sparkos will work in the single-ended op-amp spot. If you want to use the XLR outputs as well, you will need two more of the same, and they will be difficult to fit in the case. I think Ted did it in his, but I only did the SE.

You can either buy the J2S with the cheapest op amp option or possibly with none at all.

May 9, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #182 of 183
What you have ordered from Sparkos will work in the single-ended op-amp spot. If you want to use the XLR outputs as well, you will need two more of the same, and they will be difficult to fit in the case. I think Ted did it in his, but I only did the SE.

You can either buy the J2S with the cheapest op amp option or possibly with none at all.
You can order a larger taller case for the J2S that makes it way easier if you also use the Burson 8pin extensions

May 10, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #183 of 183
I was so disappointed with the sound coming from 4499 with sparkos ops that i didn’t even bother trying different power supplies. Returning it this week, and it’s not to speak down on Geshelli, awesome company and i love what they represent, but the j2 just wasn’t for me, i like some heft to my music and while the j2 presented the music impressively, it started to sound rather boring, quickly. To each his own i suppose.
Wow, I was surprised to read this. I just ordered the DAC as you guys recommended today, 4499 chip with Amanero module and will be running Toslink optical into it. Now I'm realizing from here some thought it was too lean / thin, and interestingly a few others said the 4499 chip sounds too soft or dark. Mind to mention about how many hours did you let it burn in? Maybe that would have added some fullness. And which opamps did you try? Was it the Sparkos SS2590?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back