Genuine Beyerdynamic DT1999pro pads have changed quality??
May 17, 2023 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nkam

100+ Head-Fier
Hey fellas,

I just got some genuine replacement analytical pads for my Beyer DT1990pro phones.
but they are a bit different.
first of all in the manual it says the Analytical pads are EDT 1990 A.
the new genuine analytic pads are now called EDT 1990 VA. ( don’t know if that makes them different)

the plastic on the back on the new ones is much softer than the older ones which came with my DT1990pros. ( which I bought 4 years ago).

here is a pic of both , you can also tell the older pads plastic is grey and not black.

Has anyone else noticed this?

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4227.jpeg
    IMG_4227.jpeg
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 0
May 17, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 8
Hey fellas,

I just got some genuine replacement analytical pads for my Beyer DT1990pro phones.
but they are a bit different.
first of all in the manual it says the Analytical pads are EDT 1990 A.
the new genuine analytic pads are now called EDT 1990 VA. ( don’t know if that makes them different)

the plastic on the back on the new ones is much softer than the older ones which came with my DT1990pros. ( which I bought 4 years ago).

here is a pic of both , you can also tell the older pads plastic is grey and not black.

Has anyone else noticed this?

cheers
I know on the DT 770/880/990 the manufacturing of those pads switched to China and the quality suffered. But that may of been spread to the Tesla models too. Did the packaging say made in China?

May 17, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah the differences are quite obvious, I wonder if they did that for tuning reasons then. The pads on the DT 1990 have been changed before.

oh they have?
I didn’t know that.
as in different iterations ?

thanks so much.

well that’s kinda ‘ dumb’ if you bought the headphone liking the way it sounded like that and not being able to reproduce the sound again. They should offer the same pads at least for those who want the ones they liked when they bought the phones.

May 17, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 8
oh they have?
I didn’t know that.
as in different iterations ?

thanks so much.

well that’s kinda ‘ dumb’ if you bought the headphone liking the way it sounded like that and not being able to reproduce the sound again. They should offer the same pads at least for those who want the ones they liked when they bought the phones.
Yeah very early on the analytical pads had more holes in them and the balanced pads had a white foam. But like a month or two after released they changed them. Yeah, companies sometimes do revisions/silent revisions to the pads, tuning, etc. It is honestly kind of annoying as there is also the variance from headphone to headphone and different batches may sound slightly different.

Edit: Looking at the pictures, that may simply be wear on the old pads, these pictures the back looks similar to the new one, the pads were new in these pictures when they were taken.

These are the original pads that were very brief in production.

This is what the majority of DT 1990's have.

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 8
Yeah very early on the analytical pads had more holes in them and the balanced pads had a white foam. But like a month or two after released they changed them. Yeah, companies sometimes do revisions/silent revisions to the pads, tuning, etc. It is honestly kind of annoying as there is also the variance from headphone to headphone and different batches may sound slightly different.

Edit: Looking at the pictures, that may simply be wear on the old pads, these pictures the back looks similar to the new one, the pads were new in these pictures when they were taken.

yeah and the ones on the right now have black plastic

May 24, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #8 of 8

I actually modded the balanced ones but covering all but 8 holes with some thin cut duct tape and they came out way better !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back