Ganqi Amp Module for Earphones (GAME card)
Sep 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #33 of 37
How do you guys make sure you're volume matched between the two amp bays? Because if you're not volume matching, your impressions are, sorry to say, worthless as the louder amp will always be better.

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #34 of 37

Quote:
How do you guys make sure you're volume matched between the two amp bays? Because if you're not volume matching, your impressions are, sorry to say, worthless as the louder amp will always be better.

If you are an experienced listener, I believe you can get around louder amp syndrome.

I actually make sure the GAME amp is lower (since that is its claim to fame for IEMs/efficiency).

I need more time for impressions (not sure if anyone really cares though).

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #35 of 37
These are observations I have made over the last week of listening. The GAME card does sound different, but in reality I have no real proof other than my observations.

I listened really carfully to try and find differences before and after and I think I used about the same volume for listening, but have no proof.

I haven't changed the music in my player for about a month, so I relistened to a few of my favorite albums.

I notices greater seperation on "King Curtis" Live at the Filmore (awsome cd, got the import).  Also noticed better sounding base and the highs just sounded better to me.  The GAME card is pretty impressive and I really like it.

I try not to listen too loud.  I like to listen to music for hours at a time without pain.  I also try to listen in a quit room.

Just my impressions.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #36 of 37
Zombie thread, sorry, but it's that or start a new one, and since I was reading this one for the answer any way...what is the output impedance on the 801 with this guy. Presumably a lot lower than the 18 ohms standard, but how low are we talking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back