G5 Powermac for use with my future Computer Audio setup.
Sep 10, 2010 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

speedingredline

100+ Head-Fier
I am not sure how to even begin with this but I will try to convey my needs. I have a G5 Dual 2.5GHz Powermac that I use with my xserve raid to store movies and music. I don't use the system for much else at this point as it is in my bonus room upstairs and I rarely go up anymore. The wife decided that the bonus will become the boys bedroom and one of there rooms will become the office. So I am going to setup the G5 in there. I am going to have 2 30" Apple displays on it with some other toys as well, but I would also like to make it my audio listening system as well. I am looking for equipment recommendations that will run on my  "old" Mac. The only requirements I have are not super expensive, and must go along with the Mac color scheme. I would like to be able to listen via speakers with sub or headphones depending on my mood. I am thinking I would like to go tube amps for something different. Sorry for the lack of detail but I am just at the beginning of this journey and not sure what equipment I need. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back