Fun with Modded Sony R10s
Jan 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...oh wow. Must resist the temptation of reterminating my R10s and keep my headphone stock.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jena technologies
"We do not rewire other headphone systems, only the R10. However, the Sony CD-3000 headphone uses the same transducer as the R10, but with a different ear-cup cup material and different overall form-factor"

I'm not sure if that is the case. I own a spare set of both the R10s and CD3000s drivers and I don't think they are indentical. They might look similar but the replacement drivers for the R10 are priced at around $800 (and they are discontinued) while the replace drivers of the CD3000 are listed at $200 from audiocubes. The part numbers are also different.

The R10 and CD3000 do not have the same drivers. They aren't even the same impedance.

-Ed

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hardest part about modding a pair of R10's is getting the earpads off and back on again. And yes, having the nerve to do it.

I would be interested in reading about a shootout between a number of different R10 re-cables on a top end amp/source, but I guess this is unlikely to ever happen.

Use a hair dryer, the ear pads will come off much easier when they're heated up. (don't burn them , though.)

-Ed

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The R10 and CD3000 do not have the same drivers. They aren't even the same impedance.

-Ed

Yeah I mentioned that to them, I think they are only the same in size and that they are using the Bio-cellulose Driver material.

Kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 10, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #19 of 22
So much for a pair of Jena rewired cd3k's. *shrugs*

May 18, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MMmmm
smily_headphones1.gif

Those R10's are so inviting, but I covet those recabled Edition 9's
biggrin.gif

Oh man, oh no - Akabeth brought THE thread back up, uh-oh
smily_headphones1.gif

The R10 has to be one of the dorkiest "looking" headphones ever, eh?!. So large so dorky no nice. Yeah ok they are really, really ok really good sounding. The E9s thankfully, are pretty cool looking very portable. Boomana loaned us her R10 the last day of the Head-fi show (bliss! thanks boomana). Its too bad Sony abandoned them (as well as the CD3000) and the biocellulose technology used to make them.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back