Friends can grow apart
Aug 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
When I was around 6 years old, I had a neighbor best friend named Bill. He was every thing to me. He was my life. He was my hope and he was my joy. I would have died for him.

Finally, at the age of 12, our family had to move and I was devastated. This meant that I was going to be seperated from my best friend. It was a profound feeling of heartbreak I'll never forget. I mean he was everything to me.

Years later, I saw him in college and we exchanged a few words for about a couple minutes and that was it. We had grown apart and the magic was gone. We never saw each other again.

This can happen in life. You have the closest best friend and he's everything but you get seperated and things change. It's just a part of life and friends can grow apart.

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 3
I've had this happen to me twice actually. The first time I just moved schools, but the second time I moved from Louisiana to Texas for a year. Both times it sucked that I lost my best friend, but then I made new freinds as well. When I texted one of my old friends recently I felt like I didn't know what to talk about. Since I moved we had both moved on and Mage seperate lives for each other. The interest we both shared had moved on to different things, and I found we didn't really have that much in common any more. In the end though, his friendship really helped me through middle school, and for that I will always be grateful.

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 3
Good point. I think texting is kind of robotic. I have a friend who lives in another city. And I actually type letters to him like the old fashioned way and mail it to him like in the old style. It is more personal.

He writes letters back to me. Since he doesn't own a printer, he actually hand writes his letters to me which makes it more personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back