Free CD Changer!
May 16, 2003 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
a coworker had a sony cdp-c545 5 cd changer that skipped, so he gave it to me (he had no use for it). i think this was made in the early 90's, and at the time was the top of the line non es model. after taking it apart and pulling dust and hair (one was about 1 foot long) out of the laser assembly and polishing the lens and some compressed air bursts, i'm on my 2nd cd without a single skip (knock on wood).

the sound is a step up from my previous work system based on my d777 discman, plus having 5 cd's means less stopping and changing. now my irreplacable d777 can take a break too.

anyway, this old player has a nice, mellow sound through a jmt max-meta42 and sr125 cans--good bass and slightly rolled off highs, and a much fuller sound than the portable. the headphone jack however is bloated and muddy, so of course i use the line out.

not bad for free.
smily_headphones1.gif

so this is my new work system, has anyone else ever owned this old tank of a player known as the cdp-c545?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back