FoxyTunes -- Control your Media Player from Firefox
Oct 28, 2004 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
I found this rather cool extension for Firefox the other day, which allow you to control most media players from Firefox. It also shows playing now with some players including J River Media Center, WinAmp and Foobar2k. You can control basic things such as skipping songs, pause or stop them and there's also a volume slider. One can also select which track to play. FT can also start the player directly from FF. Hot keys can be customized. It's a quite cool extension.
Get it at www.foxytunes.com/firefox

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 7
I've been using this one for a while. It's very good. How do you select what song to play? I've never seen that feature.

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm using v.69.
Click on the note and select configuration and make sure there isn't a check next to the hide "play file button." It a open icon like the ones you have on fx CD players when you want to eject the disc. I don't know what's called. Anyway you can unfortunately only chose from location though I think it'd have been more useful to select from the currently playing list.

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Hm, I've got that. It just pops the player up. Does it do something else for you?

Oct 29, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 7
If you're using Columns UI (and who isn't) you may have a problem that the buttons only pop up foobar, they don't do anything. In that case, you need to do this (from the FAQ):

1. Choose Player > Select > foobar2000.
2. Select Player > Options > foobar2000 Alternative UI.
Alternatively, for some versions of Columns UI, open Player > Options > Custom and enter
-c "{E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8}".

Make sure that the above options aren't selected when using foobar2000 without Columns UI.

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 7
I've done that a few months ago. Doesn't work for that open option. Oh well.

Oct 29, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 7
I use foxytunes as well, but since I have a multimedia keyboard, its options don't come in handy too often. I do like the song display though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back