Four years after the L.K.S DA004: the Musetec DA005 DAC
Mar 26, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #586 of 589
I agree local files still sound slightly better than streams from Tidal, Qobuz through a multitude of music player software I have access to, streams have greatly improved with all the network improvements I've implemented over the years, don't feel deprived in the least listening to streams.

Your take on Tambaqui is one of the reasons I've not felt it important to replace 005, not sure if its on this thread or over at Audiogon, but there is direct comparison of 005 to Tambaqui, 005 at least held its own. Also, not unusual to see detractors for virtually every audio component, nothing is perfect or has synergy with all systems. Forgot about the Cen Grand, that and Soulnote dac certainly of interest to me.

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #588 of 589
As the starter of this thread I am very pleased to see the 005 still going so strong! I still listen to it every day, without feeling any itch to update.
Mostly I never feel the itch, certainly no lacking in sound quality feeding the itch, rather just audiophile curiosity. Devoid of any sins of commission, I can only presume some other dac can retain all the sound qualities of 005, and add to it somehow. Dac only an itch since I've come to my end game system, every single t crossed and i dotted, and I'm a detail addict when it comes to system setups. I no longer have the desire to change a single thing, its only the habbit of always doing something with system that has me contemplating another dac purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back