For those that ordered the Shure SCL4's for cheap...
Jan 15, 2009 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Argyle Shepard

Head-Fier
What's the deal? Both Music123 and Guitar Center had them to be restocked on the 12th. On the 12th they changed the date to the 16th. I went tonight and both sites completely got rid of the drop down menu to select the white ones. It's like they never existed... I'm gonna call customer service tomorrow just to get an update.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 14
Mine came a while ago. I'm sure they'll honor any orders that were made, but I'm guessing they sold like hotcakes (and for good reason!) so they're not going to sell what they don't have (or they're delaying/slowing down sales in order to prevent running out of stock, maybe to reassess how many pieces are actually left).

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(or they're delaying/slowing down sales in order to prevent running out of stock, maybe to reassess how many pieces are actually left).

I'm thinking along these lines. Their brick and mortars in my area are all sold out and all of them say they won't be getting anymore at all. And by the way, with all of the IEM's I see in your sig, how are you liking them?

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 14
I bought the last remaining pair at a Guitar Center in Mass. on Tuesday. I have to say that these are a nice step up from the Etymotic er6i. I haven't decided which tips I prefer, though.

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 14
don't worry

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 14
I called in this last Monday and was told the order would more than likely be in the 22nd of January. I was contemplating canceling my order, but I think I will not so I can be one of the last buyers at this great deal.
atsmile.gif

Just joining this forum not too long ago, I have missed so many good deals.
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #7 of 14
I'm currently on the waiting game as well. Didn't get to order them, and all the B&Ms near me are completely sold out. The guy showed no availability of them and none in transit atm so I'm wondering if Shure happened to run outta stock (finally depleted them all), or they're holding some back for February...

Ah well, always a bit too late on these deals!

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 14
Yeah, my real concern is to have paid and see that they have wiped off the white version from both sites. I hope that Shure isn't out and the sites are taking their time returning money to that last batch of customers. Although I did notice that the black version is back in stock.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 14
yea they were backordered until the 14th at first (contacted music123 back then) and in an email response the other day they said 1/22.

im in no rush, my ad500's are keeping me busy. my CC wasn't charged for the scl4's yet though

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle Shepard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking along these lines. Their brick and mortars in my area are all sold out and all of them say they won't be getting anymore at all. And by the way, with all of the IEM's I see in your sig, how are you liking them?

They're in my personally-owned top 3. I use my Etymotic HF5 for the most balanced, analytical sound, the SCL4 for a warm, mid-forward sound, and the Klipsch Image X10 for a relaxed, laid back, warm, and bass-capable sound.

For all of them I use Klipsch gels because they offer the absolute best comfort to an IEM.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're in my personally-owned top 3. I use my Etymotic HF5 for the most balanced, analytical sound, the SCL4 for a warm, mid-forward sound, and the Klipsch Image X10 for a relaxed, laid back, warm, and bass-capable sound.

For all of them I use Klipsch gels because they offer the absolute best comfort to an IEM.

Do the Klipsch gels happen to work on your NE7? I was just wondering because the Nuforce tips are horrible and I'm not really wild about comply foamies.

Jan 15, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 14
I sent an email to Guitar Center last night actually about my SCL4s and they said they would ship mine when they received their 1/23/09 shipment.

I would say just wait another 2 weeks or so or call/email them and see how it's going.

Jan 17, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #13 of 14
Glad I got my order in about a week before they where removed from the sight.

The SCL4's sound very nice, and once I inserted them the correct way bass response was better. Still I wouldn't mind a bit more bass, But the detail is good and clean and vocals really come out.

Also got a set of SCL3's unopened... I'll hang on to them for a week or two and decide if I want to sell them after that as I found a good deal on the SE530 and grabbed those yesterday. Looking froward to comparing the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back