Foobar2000's Equalizer
Jul 2, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

me, i'm a HUGE fan of hot sauce! Dave's Insanity Sauce kicks butt!

another hot sauce maniac here, i will keep my eyes peeled for that brand
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I haven't found an impulse I liked yet. They all sound bad to me after a little while.

i kinda liked studer 1+db with the chaintech, made mine sound a lot warmer. then when i moved up to the emu, it already sounded so sweet i didnt feel a need for the plugin any longer!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
did you try adjusting level adjust? i had mine at -1.7db, going higher resulted in distortion in lower frequencies.

Jul 3, 2004 at 8:25 AM Post #18 of 19
I dont have a good mic to make my own
tongue.gif

I did use the studer for a while but tired of it. I'd like to make my own someday.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
using an equalizer is much like added additional spice to fine dish. a lot of people will argue that you shouldn't spice up your food and instead eat it as the chef meant for it to eaten.
smily_headphones1.gif

bah! that's why we all have our own taste and a lot of people like to add some salt or pepper.
me, i'm a HUGE fan of hot sauce! Dave's Insanity Sauce kicks butt!
lambda.gif

to that end, i don't use an equalizer all that much but i'm using one in my current to boost the low end since the bass response on my Grado SR325's is a little weak.
in the end, its all a matter of preference/taste.

YUP, and I rather enjoy the Stock FooBar eq, you all say it's TERRIBLE... I say my EDM doesn't really care 

but I am 100% against eq for everything that isn't eq! :D It's what makes collecting headphones fun! If I could eq my dt 880s to do EVERYTHING then I'd no longer have any reason to buy ore cans q.q. Plus Hardware coloration and software coloration [eq] are imo very different. Like the differeance between butter and margin, Yea they KIND have a simmilar ish flavor BUT the texture and mouth feel are COMPLETEY different, eq mids and RUNNING A TUBE for mids for example 

eq=Margin [GO TO HELL NOT BUTTER]
tube= BUTTER

still for techno I could care less, I'll use the eq and it sounds fine to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back