Foobar v.0.8.3 does not work for me
Sep 8, 2004 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ducducpham

Banned
Hi, I d/l foobar (great sound by the way). I could not get asio to work on foobar with av-710. I am left to use Kernel as of now. The japanese website has the version of asio that is for v.0.8.2. Is there a way to work this out in the new foobar version? If not is there an a website to d/l the foobar v.0.8.2?
Thanks

Sep 8, 2004 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 12
Also i'm using winamp 5.05 with asio. Somehow the volume bar in winamp does not work. The volume bar control wave volume. Well it moving the bar up and down does not control the volume, only the master volume works. Is this happening to you guys?

Sep 8, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ducducpham
Hi, I d/l foobar (great sound by the way). I could not get asio to work on foobar with av-710. I am left to use Kernel as of now. The japanese website has the version of asio that is for v.0.8.2. Is there a way to work this out in the new foobar version? If not is there an a website to d/l the foobar v.0.8.2?
Thanks

I couldn't get ASIO mode to work in Foobar until I D/L'd "ASIO4ALL", then my AV710 (actually, "ENVY24") suddenly appeared as an available output option. Never mind that--I think kernel streaming is better since there are no clicks or pops (from the upstream, I believe).

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 12
Wrong samplerate and/or channel configuration (mono vs stereo).

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
There are songs where kernel streaming doesn't work for me though -- any idea why that happens?

I haven't encountered any songs encoded on my hard drive that won't play--mostly 192k WMA, 320 MP3, and now some uncompressed songs in WAV format.

However, to echo what you are saying, using Foobar to play radio stations opened as playlists (*.pls), certain stations don't open while others do. No idea what it is, but there are hundreds to choose from so I am not bothered by it. I wonder what it is too.

Sep 8, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 12
Try adding the "Convert mono to stereo" DSP to the end of the DSP chain. This will enable the playback of mono audio with Foobar (the AV-710 will only accept stereo).

Sep 8, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Try adding the "Convert mono to stereo" DSP to the end of the DSP chain. This will enable the playback of mono audio with Foobar (the AV-710 will only accept stereo).

Good idea--will try that. I didn't know some web radio stations broadcast in mono.

Sep 9, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #9 of 12
I got foobar 0.8.3 to work in asio now! I install the special version (check all installation). I have to disable all DSP resampling to (either 96000hz or 48000) to make asio works. Now that I have asio to work, will the sound quality be reduced now that I have resampler PPHS and SSRC disable?

Sep 9, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #10 of 12
I think the reason why i cannot put Foobar DSP resampler to 96khz on is because my AV-710 card has Enable High - Sample Rate set on at 96khz. I guess it cant resample with foobar and with sound card at same time. Does it make sense to you?

Sep 9, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ducducpham
I think the reason why i cannot put Foobar DSP resampler to 96khz on is because my AV-710 card has Enable High - Sample Rate set on at 96khz. I guess it cant resample with foobar and with sound card at same time. Does it make sense to you?

No, in fact, the AV-710 hi sampler requires foobar to be kernel streaming (or Asio...dunno, I use KS) and 24 (packed to 32)/96. That's how we all have it set up.
Ted_B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back