Foobar now has skins
May 13, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 14
Brilliant !

Foobar really rock when it comes to audio quality but upto now it just sucks for ease of use.

The Foobar skins are an eagerly awaited addition to this most excellent player.

May 14, 2003 at 1:57 AM Post #6 of 14
ok, stupid question: I've got version .58, how do I get the skins to work? Do I just drop them in there, 'cause there's no dircectory. Or do I need to upgrade to a newer version (it has been awhile since I've checked...
redface.gif
) TIA
smily_headphones1.gif

J.F.

May 14, 2003 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 14
I dunno, works fine for me in .62a

May 14, 2003 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 14
I still don't see the appeal with foobar. I couldn't tell any differences in sound from my TBSC that the equalizer couldnt change. I actually think WMP9 sounds the best but you'll have to pry winamp 2.xx from my dead fingers before I change to foobar.
wink.gif

May 15, 2003 at 3:31 AM Post #11 of 14
For me, the appeal of foobar is its minimalist nature. I don't want a fancy gui, visualizations, some hidden agent that runs in the background for some ungodly reason, or even playlists. I just want to hear the music!

I rip my CDs with EAC, encode them with LAME and play them back with foobar, album by album. foobar is exactly what I need
biggrin.gif

To each his own
tongue.gif

May 15, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by waffenschmidt
For me, the appeal of foobar is its minimalist nature. I don't want a fancy gui, visualizations, some hidden agent that runs in the background for some ungodly reason, or even playlists. I just want to hear the music!

I rip my CDs with EAC, encode them with LAME and play them back with foobar, album by album. foobar is exactly what I need
biggrin.gif

To each his own
tongue.gif

amen.

May 15, 2003 at 8:30 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
I prefer coolplayer. Sounds better to my ears, perhaps I'm the only one who thinks foobar is just a touch too bright...

Weird...I hear it exactly the opposite way. Or maybe you're using a resampling rate too high, try 64000 and WaveOut. (DirectSound with higher rates does sound bright for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back