Foobar no, FLAC takes some time
Dec 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Deep Funk

Headphoneus Supremus
I tried Foobar2000. It is supposed to be very good. So I took a CD and let it play and I quite liked it. Everything has a more functionality and looks quite simple. I checked out the menus and tried to work out 'what does what.'

After that I tried ripping a CD. It just didn't work. I downloaded a plug in for FLAC for I wanted to test that format and it still didn't work. It was quite weird: Foobar2000 insisted on finding a designated folder which I selected and after I opened it I had to go through selecting...

I got fed up with it. I tried the help function which is confusing to begin with. Even Windows understands the importance of easy and understandable help acces and information when it comes to 'help.' I found the information in the end. I don't like having to google every bit of information, but hey I had to.

Help didn't matter and Foobar2000 isn't very clear with updates or additional codec pack links, nor are the pages I was referred to. I tried ripping with EAC which didn't succeed either but I got some feedback. I have to study EAC.

Conclusion: Foobar2000 out. I may give it another try if the help function, updates and additional codecs get better. I Had the stable version 9.6.9 which I downloaded from CNET.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back