Foobar and ColumnsUI question
Aug 21, 2004 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mtbaird5687

100+ Head-Fier
i have about 5 playlists set up how i like them. my problem is when i double click a .mp3 from my music files, sometimes itll delete all the songs from the playlist and just play that one. its just a hassle.

is there anyway i can lock my playlists or anythig?

Aug 21, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbaird5687
i have about 5 playlists set up how i like them. my problem is when i double click a .mp3 from my music files, sometimes itll delete all the songs from the playlist and just play that one. its just a hassle.

is there anyway i can lock my playlists or anythig?

yeah, exactly what just happened to me.
the Foobar people should REALLY improve the interface and GUI. It sounds good but it's a pain in the ass to use compared to winamp.

Aug 21, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 6
and I know i can probably go into the prefs and edit all that code but I freely admit that while I am not an idiot I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT KIND OF CRAP and I don't know how I'm supposed to know how to do that crap.
I think it's needlessly obtuse to use easily.

Aug 22, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 6
i don't know if you've even been in the foobar forum but the creator of foobar said he never wanted to have a fancy looking gui. He wanted it to be quick and sound good. that's pretty much it. All this other stuff is completely other people doing it. I know in a way that sucks but also thats what keeps foobar going. That its really basic at the bottom. Winamp is slowly becoming bloatware and now I could never go back to it after getting used to foobar. But yeah, in regards to your question im not really sure, thats never happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back