Foobar 2000 help!!!
Jan 1, 2005 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Fido

Head-Fier
Hey

I've heard so much good of foobar 2000 so i thought that i would tjeck it out.
But after installing an ASIO driver (SSE2), and changing the output data format to 32 bit fixed point, all the songs are played fast. I just can't make it play at a normal speed.

My soundcard: terratec Aureon 7.1 Space

Now that I made a thread, I would like to ask your some more questions about foobar 2000.
1: Are there any skins out there??

2:Comming from winamp, having a great plugin that would show me the lyrics while playing the song. Are there something like that??

3:Are there anymore things that I should have??

Jan 1, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 12
(i'm pretty sure this won't work, but it might be worth trying)
change to 16 or 24 bits perhaps? should you be using the SSE2 version?

1: search for columns_ui and I'm sure you'll find some nice "skins".

Jan 1, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 12
Yes, I am sure that my soundcard can handle 32 bit, and i've done a test of my cpu and it does support sse2!!

Thanks for the skins:p

Jan 2, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 12
Doesn't foobar have some sort of cddb??
Or how can you make it sort after album/artist??

Also i've been trying to get that plisk skin in, but i can't seem too get it to work!!

Can somebody help me??

Jan 2, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido
Doesn't foobar have some sort of cddb??
Or how can you make it sort after album/artist??

Also i've been trying to get that plisk skin in, but i can't seem too get it to work!!

Can somebody help me??

I'm trying to figure out Foobar also. I'm even more lost coming from the friendly iTunes camp.

I sure would like to know the answer to foobar sorting by artist/album problem. I just got a huge mess with wav files in foobar; only track title available!

If one uses FLAC, which should preserve ID tags, can foobar sort via song/artist/album. I can't imagine a media player can't do something this simple?

How about for starters, where the hell is Foobar's volume control bar? I don't see one even after I activated "volume" in DSP manager. I must be going blind.

Anybody?

Jan 2, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

If one uses FLAC, which should preserve ID tags, can foobar sort via song/artist/album.

It can sort via anything, in any order or permutation. Done via playlist -> sort -> "sort by ..."

Quote:

How about for starters, where the hell is Foobar's volume control bar?

+/- buttons. + button raises volume, - lowers, obviously. The gain is shown at the lower right of the main window. Or if you'd like, you could go into the "playback" section of the preferences menu, and change it there.

Jan 2, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
I just got a huge mess with wav files in foobar; only track title available!

I have the same problem.. how did you solve it??

Jan 2, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

I have the same problem.. how did you solve it??

Why would you use wav files anyway? You shouldn't be using wav files for any reason other than mastering.

As for the slow ASIO playback problem, if fiddling with foobar doesn't work, try fiddling with the Aureon drivers? It may be a problem on that side.

Jan 2, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie

+/- buttons. + button raises volume, - lowers, obviously. The gain is shown at the lower right of the main window. Or if you'd like, you could go into the "playback" section of the preferences menu, and change it there.

I found the volume bar under preferences->playback, but I don't see any +/- button anywhere, including the Foobar window. I've got version v0.8.3

As for ASIO, ASIO4All window is not recognizing my sound card (Lynx 2B) at all, saying "no WDM device found." ?

I've tried to "drag" one version of foo_output_ASIO into "components" of Foobar without success.

Could you maybe link me to a good foo_output_ASIO plugin and tell me EXACT steps to drop it into Foobar? Thanks a million.

Fido, as far as .wav mess, I don't think there's anything we can do once things have been encoded in .wav. I got my . wav files from Apple Lossless, so I still have Apple Lossless files with tags intact. I've been told to download dbPoweramp to convert apple lossless to something like FLAC, which will preserve tags.

Jan 2, 2005 at 6:50 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

I found the volume bar under preferences->playback, but I don't see any +/- button anywhere, including the Foobar window. I've got version v0.8.3

There aren't + and - buttons in foobar, he means on your keyboard (by backspace). They adjust the volume in .5dB steps.
Quote:

I've tried to "drag" one version of foo_output_ASIO into "components" of Foobar without success.

Could you maybe link me to a good foo_output_ASIO plugin and tell me EXACT steps to drop it into Foobar? Thanks a million.

You can download the ASIO plugin from my server
here. Unzip it, go into /bin, then into: normal (Older/Thunderbird), SSE (P3/AthlonXP), SSE2 (P4/Athlon64), or SSE3 (Prescott), take that file, and drop it into your Foobar2000/components directory.

Then, start up foobar, go into preferences->playback, and select ASIO (dll version) as your output. Then, go to its settings [preferences->playback->ASIO (dll version)], and select your device. Then save your settings, close foobar (for good measure), restart foobar, and try it out.

Hope this was helpful.
600smile.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

I sure would like to know the answer to foobar sorting by artist/album problem. I just got a huge mess with wav files in foobar; only track title available!

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ajkuback/foobar.jpg

that's all done by tagging and scripts, i can send the config file to anyone who wants it.

usernotfound@comcast.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back